Friday, January 15, 2010

A love story

“Korak! Hey!! Wait!!!” she heard her shouting her name and turned.

 

She was panting; she was a little overweight and awfully cute. Every one in the office loved her. She liked Korak a lot. Korak was a little grateful for that because she was a very shy and demure girl.

 

“Let’s go to Mouchak and have some coffee. We will split the bill ok?” she smiled sweetly.

 

“Where were you when I was coming out of office?” Ruchi asked. “I was looking for you all day; I wanted to tell you that we will leave office together. I wanted to talk with you. My tummy is aching since last night.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Mayank, that silly boy punched me so hard in my tummy last evening!” she said giggling.

 

“Don’t bluff. Mayank can never hit you.” Korak smiled. Just like Ruchi Mayank too was one of the sweetest beings in the office.

 

“He did!! That mean boy did hit me Ruchi, how could you think I will lie to you?” she looked at her innocently, though Korak could see mischief sparkling in her eyes.

 

“Then you must have done something awfully naughty.” She smiled.

 

“That I did. He begged me to give you a message three months back, have been asking me again and again but I  have not given it to you.” she was very grave now.

 

“Why?” Korak was surprised. She has never seen Ruchi serious like this.

 

 

 

“He is in love with you.” Ruchi said solemnly, has been so since you joined the office.”

 

“I know what you are thinking. You are thinking that it would have been better if he told it himself, right?”

 

“I have been his best friend since last ten years. He is gay. That is after seeing you he has realized that he was gay.”

 

“He just can’t think about any one but you any more.”

 

“He is not asking you to decide any thing. He is just hoping that you will mix with him and decide yourself.”

 

For a few minutes she was at loss of words. Then she shrugged her shoulders. “I really don’t know Ruchi.”

 

They both left the café and went their ways.

 

She spent the night thinking about him. How wonderful he was and how caring he was to her.

 

As if by some telepathic connection her phone beeped, it was a sms from Mayank. “Are you free tomorrow?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Will you spend the day with me?”

 

“Yes.”

No comments:

Post a Comment